Apply for the OWL board
We are looking for new OWL Board members to join us for the Summer OWL 2024!
Are you ready for it?
OWL stands for Orientation Week Leiden and is the introduction period for international students at the beginning of each semester
- Dutch or international students (Bachelor or Master)
- Have a flexible attitude
- Are internationally oriented/have international experience
- Thinking out of the box attitude and a hands on approach
- Team player
- Available up until October ’24!
- Will consist of 4-7 members, preferably a balanced mix of nationality and gender and experiences
- Uses the format of the previous Orientation Weeks, with plenty of room for your own ideas and creativity
- Will have a variety of tasks, this includes making a suitable programme (winter and summer) maintaining the app and the website and other social media, sponsoring, Public Relations, recruitment, organisation and execution of the activities that will take place during the Orientation Weeks. The functions we have are: President, Treasurer, Participants, Guides & Crew, Partners, Logistics, Secretary.
What do you gain?
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once
- A fun and informative professional experience
- Ability to work independently in a flexible environment
- Experience Leiden University from a whole new perspective
- Improve your organisational and collaboration skills by working in a dynamic team
- A valuable addition to your résumé
- Great boost to your social network
- A free year membership to the USC
- Financially: you will receive a compensation in the form of a monthly part-time-board allowance.
- From February ’24 till 30 September ’24
- Starting approximately 10 hours a week
- Full time in July and August
Not sure yet?
Still thinking about it or want to know more about what it takes or what functions we have in the OWL Board? You can email us at email@example.com and ask all your questions.
Send us an application letter with a short motivation (please no more than 1 page) and a CV with some relevant information (including name, age, nationality, study).
As long as this page is showing, you are welcome to apply. Please send CV and cover letter asap. Interviews will be held soon following, we will contact you with the details. You can email your application to:
OWL Board selection committee