You and your co-guide will lead a group of approximately 10-15 new international students during their first few days in Leiden. Your presence is essential for the coordination of the activities, the group atmosphere and the impression international students will get of Leiden University, the city and its student life. To prepare you for this, a preparatory day (Training Day) will be organised for all guides the week before the OWL.
Every group will be guided by a pair of guides. This means you have two options:
– Signing up with a co-guide, which means you sign up as a pair and come to the interview as a pair.
– Signing up without a co-guide, meaning you will be paired up with someone after your interviews has taken place.
WHAT DOES IT TAKE?
You and your co-guide are familiar with the Leiden life and enthusiastic about guiding a group of new international students for 5 days. Preferably, you are both available throughout the entire week, but if you really can’t attend a certain activity, make sure your co-guide can. At least one of you has to be with the group throughout the programme!
To prepare you for this week, a mandatory training day will be organized for all guides the week beforehand so be sure you are available to attend! We are thinking of finding a suitable date for the training day!.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Of course, being a guide comes with its perks:
– Free meals and drinks throughout the entire week
– Free entry to all OWL parties
– Free participation in all OWL activities
– Experience Leiden in a different way
– Meet people from across the globe
– Friendships for life
– Expand your social network
– Practise your languages
– A marvellous time
Sign ups for summer OWL (28 Aug-01Sept 2017) will start in MAY!
For further questions or concerns please contact Commissioner Guides and Crew via email@example.com