You and your co-guide will lead a group of approximately 10-15 new international students during their first few days in Leiden. Your presence is essential for the coordination of the activities, the group atmosphere and the impression international students will get of Leiden University, the city and its student life. To prepare you for this, a preparatory day will be organised for all guides the week before the OWL.
Every group will be guided by a pair of guides. This means you have two options:
– Signing up with a co-guide, which means you sign up as a pair and come to the interview together.
– Signing up by yourself, meaning you will be paired up with someone by us, most likely on the basis of study or faculty.
WHAT DOES IT TAKE?
You and your co-guide are familiar with the Leiden student life and are enthusiastic about guiding a group of new international students around for 4 days. Preferably, you are both available throughout the entire week, but if you really can’t attend a certain activity, make sure your co-guide does. At least one of you has to be with the group throughout the entire programme!
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Of course, being a guide comes with its perks:
– Free meals throughout the entire week
– Discounted entry to all OWL parties
– Free participation in all OWL activities
– Experience Leiden in a complete different way
– Meet people from across the globe
– Friendships for life
– Expand your social network
– Practise your languages
– A marvellous time
Sign-ups for the Winter OWL are now closed.
For further questions or concerns please contact Danae, our Commissioner Guides and Crew, via email@example.com or Like our FB page